|Sat 30th March to Mon 1st April 2013
An action packed Easter weekend of family Drag Racing entertainment including European Nitro Funny Car series, Jet Car Shootout and National Drag Racing. Plus all things powerful off track including monster trucks, stunts, displays and more.
What was previously know as Easter Thunderball is now Festival of Power, a new bigger, better power fest.
What’s on at Festival of Power 2013:
LOTS MORE TO BE CONFIRMED!
|Nitro Funny Car Series:
Festival of Power will be the first round of a brand new quarter mile European Funny Car championship. (All days)Further details soon.
|Top Fuel Shootout:
Two 300mph Top Fuel Dragsters will be going head to head. (All days)
|Jet Car Shootout:
Multiple jet vehicles will be competing for the title. (All days)
|National Drag Racing Championships:
A huge variety of race cars and bikes will be competing in the first round of National Drag Racing championships. (All days)
|MSA Pro Mod:
0-240 mph in under 6 seconds! That’s what these cars are capable of! Full-bodied, full-sized cars with massive engines and monster attitude. Pro Mod is the MSA National Drag Racing Championship class. (All days)
Check out www.MSADragRacing.com for more details on the MSA British Drag Racing Championship.
|All Car Classes:
Demonstrations, Stunts, & Exhibition Vehicles
Alongside the racing, there will be demonstration vehicles galore! Promising high-octane excitement both on and off the track for a true “motorsport extravaganza”. Expect Monster Trucks, stunt displays, Jet Cars and much more.
There will be Monster Truck carnage each day from two of the country’s top Monster Trucks, Santa Pod’s own Podzilla and Swamp Thing. (All days)
Mr Fips Wonder Circus is a traditional family circus to cater for all ages with amazing trapeze acts fast juggling routines unique unicycle presentations, hilariously funny clowns and much much more. (All days)
The crazy Frenchman Eric Teboul will be hurtling down the strip at over 200mph on his unique Rocket Bike. (All days)
|Aerobatic Air Display:
World Aerobatic Championships competitor Mark Jefferies will be performing gravity defying air displays. (Sat & Mon only)
|Mustang Air Display:
Peter Teichman will be peforming an aerobatic display in his North American P51 Mustang “Jumpin Jacques”. (Sun only)
The Hovercraft Club of Great Britain will be putting on hovercraft racing displays.
The British Lawnmower Racing Association will be holding a championship round at Festival of Power.
|Red Bull Stunt Planes
60% scale stunt planes will be performing precision aerobatic displays. (All days)
Top freestyle motorcycle stunt rider Lee Bower will be wowing the crowds with his jaw-dropping motorbike stunts. (All days)
A Spectacular fireworks display will light the sky on Saturday evening. (Sat only)
|Santa Pod Stunt Team
Precision driving and movie style car stunt displays. (All days)
Static display of historic race cars and bikes including a Leyton House F1, Jaque Villeneuve’s Williams F1, Emerson Fittipaldi’s Indy, Paul Tracey’s Indy and Carlos Checa’s Ducati.
If you like Dinosaurs then make sure you make it to one of the Jurassic Experience presentations where you’ll get to meet a T-Rex. (All days)
Some of the countries strongest men will compete against each other in a lorry pull competition. (Sun only)
|Monster Truck Rides:
Rides in the back of the monster truck Red Dragon will be available throughout the day. (All days)
|Radio Controlled Cars:
A variety of 1/10th scale electric radio controlled cars including drift cars will be racing on a special track where the public will be able to test their skills along with the experts. (All days)
There will be plenty going on for youngsters, including a kids area with face painting and ceramic workshops, kids entertainers roaming around site. (All days)
Watch as the brave and the lucky get to ride down the strip in the 7 second Santa Pod 2Seater dragster. See the 2Seater page for how to book a ride. (All days)
For those camping over with multi-day tickets there is evening entertainment in Fuelers Bar each night with live bands on Saturday and Sunday. (Sat & Sun)
Unlike other motorsport venues the public are able to walk around the pits and watch the crews work on their cars and bikes. (All days)
All the fun of the fair with rides, dodgems, waltzers, arcades, sideshows and more. (All days)
|Bars & Caterers:
There multiple bars and a range of caterers to suit all tastes on site at Santa Pod Raceway. (All days)
Motorsport traders selling everything from drag racing t-shirts to model dragsters. (All days)
From just £79 + VAT per person come along and enjoy the VIP experience including lunch and balcony viewing. Don’t worry if you’ve already booked your tickets, you can still upgrade for a great day out or a gift. More information on the Hospitality pages.
- FREE parking for all ticket holders.
- Camping included for multiple day ticket holders.
- FREE access to the pits! Get up close to the racers, crew and of course the Dragsters.
- Weekend campers will be able to stay until midday on the Tuesday after the event, the bar will be open until 10pm on Monday.
|Festival of Power – Fri 29th March to Mon 1st April 2013
Kids Under 16 FREE*
|Ticket Type||Standard||Advance||Grandstand||Gates Open||Track Fee|
|Sat/Sun||£55||£45||per day||Sat 8am||N/A|
|Sun/Mon||£55||£45||per day||Sun 8am||N/A|
|Sat/Sun/Mon||£60||£52||per day||Sat 8am||N/A|
|Fri Arrival||£65||£58||per day||Fri 8am||N/A|
- Advance ticket orders are subject to a booking fee of £2 per ticket and postage fee of £3 per order (no postage fee on “print at home tickets”).
- Advanced ticket prices end on the Friday a week before the event weekend at 5pm. After this time only “print at home tickets” will be available at standard rate.
- All tickets are non-refundable.
- Ticket prices are per person.
- * Three FREE kids per paying Adult, photo ID is required if kids look older than they are.
- Day admission is 8am-6pm, day tickets will be sold on the gate until 4pm.
- Camping is included with multi-day tickets.
- Parking is free.
- Please see Essential Info page for Rain Off Policy and other terms and conditions.
- For RWYB don’t forget your driving Licence.
- Caravan Club members get 20% discount on Santa Pod organised event admission tickets when booked in advance by phone. Cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer. Tickets will not be posted but left at the Main Gate Collection Office and Caravan Club membership card must be shown on collection of tickets at the event.